Cawdor Castle is the haunt of a female ghost a woman with no hands. The castle stands a few miles from Nairn. It was built in 1370 and became a seat of the Campbell family around 1510-11.
The ghost does not date from the early times but from the first half of the nineteenth century, not long after the head of the family became entided to call himself Earl of Cawdor. It is thought that the ghost was once the daughter of an Earl of Cawdor who found herself smitten with a young man from a rival family.
The Earl of Cawdor discovered the secret romance when he came upon the sweethearts one day in their secret meeting place. The Earl was infuriated by his daughter's treachery. He cut her hands off with his sword so that she might never embrace her lover again. Green Lady | Lauder | Aberdeenshire | Angus | Barcaldine | Barcaldine | Birmingham | Bishop Cameron | Bladnoch | Braemar | Carlow | Doncaster | Dublin | Dumfriesshire | Dundee | Essex | Female Ghost | Ghost | Goatfell mountain | Green Lady | Green Lady | Ireland | Ireland | Ireland | Kent | Leap | Loch Fyne | Nairn | Pontefract castle | River Tyne | Scotland | Scotland | Scotland | Scotland | Shropshire | Southeastern Ireland | Sussex | The female ghost | Witchcraft |
Web Design Bradford | firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 01274 729 280
770 pages of ghost information.
Copyright © 2005-2013 Eleventh Floor Ltd. All Rights Reserved.